Taking a Side Hustle Full-Time
Side hustles are rising in popularity. People everywhere are deciding to diversify their income, take on a new role, and stop being as dependent on their primary employers. Here at FeedbackWrench, we love the side hustle. Our blog is here to serve as a resource for small businesses and ministries, but it’s also here for those who want to be better equipped to get gigs and keep their side hustle moving.
While some side hustles are meant to be nothing but an added income source, some of us would gladly make a side gig our full-time job if it was possible to do so.
If that describes your relationship with your side gig, then this article is for you. Here are some tips to step your side business up to the next level.
Word-of-mouth marketing is a great way to grow a business, but to effectively scale, we’d highly encourage you to get started with online marketing–assuming you haven’t already. Here are the first steps to take in launching your web presence.
- Set up Your Website – This is the first and most obvious step. Be sure to snag your business’ domain name. If you can’t do that, you may want to consider re-naming the business, because, yes, it is that important. Once you’ve picked out a domain name and gotten it hosted, design your site with clear calls to action that encourage people to get in touch.
- Start a Blog – The best way to keep your website fresh with new content is by setting up a blog. Keeping your site fresh is important because search engines value relevant content that is beneficial to their users. On your blog, answer the questions that you know people have about your business or industry. This will help them to find you even if they never had the link to your site given to them.
- Launch a Facebook Page & Add One Other Social Network – Trying to take on the entirety of social media all in one swoop will just lead to disaster. Instead, focus on the most established network–Facebook–and then pick the other social network you relate to most. Study the best practices and the community surrounding each network, and focus on posting value-based content that isn’t strictly promotional.
- Get Some Google & Facebook Reviews – Building up your online reputation is of critical importance. The reviews your customers share about you are extremely impactful in terms of building up trustworthiness. However, they’re also important because they will allow you to be more visible in local-oriented search results.
- Shoot a Video or Two – In general, people engage with video more than with any other kind of content. By shooting a video or two to post on your website, social media, and beyond, you’ll have the opportunity to convey important information to your customers in an easily digestible format.
If you’re interested in partnering with an outsourced team to lay the foundation, or if you’re looking to execute on advanced online marketing tactics, consider giving us a call here at FeedbackWrench. We work with small businesses all over the Twin Cities metro to make the web their best employee.
As a small business looking to go to the next level, it’s important to get organized. As your business grows, any processes that are not streamlined will stunt your progress in a major way. Additionally, it’s important to consider legal regulations, proper accounting, and bookkeeping as you work towards turning a side hustle into a primary hustle.
If you’re not naturally good at any of this, then you have two options: you can either learn more about where you’re weak, or you can outsource.
Do whatever it takes to ensure that nothing’s standing in the way of your business’ growth potential.
As you already know, the most important thing you can do is to keep hustling. Don’t be held back by problems or difficulties. Chase your dream.
If you’re an entrepreneur working on growing your side hustle, we’d love to hear from you about the challenges and opportunities you’re facing. Feel free to reach out to us by filling out the form available at this link.